IPR Office requires the following documents to issue a "Deposit
Certificate" for your new software product or a new version of your current one.
(1) Two copies of your software product saved on a storage medium (on two Flash Memories). Place a sticker on each Flash Memory with the version number and date of your software product.
(2) Print the first and last 10 pages of your software product programming code or what is equal to 10% of its source code. You should bring the entire code on a laptop for us to compare.
(3) Provide the main print screens of the program/software.
(4) Provide a description for the following:
-How is it used.
-Programming language used to develop it.
-On which Operating System it can operate.
(5) All contracts related to licenses for financial exploitation of others in case of transferring the financial rights to a person other than the author/creator of the program/software.
(6) A CD that saves: all print screens, a scanned copy of the deposit form after being filled, as well as scanned copies of all the documents attached.
(7) An ID copy of the applicant (depositor).
(8) If the author/creator of program/software is an individual, bring a copy of his/her ID.
(9) In case the author/creator is a body corporate (companies, bodies, institutions, associations, etc.), bring a copy of the following: commercial register (or publicity decision), tax ID, company contract, responsible manager ID, and practicing license.
The fees to issue a "Deposit Certificate" for new software products are:
-EGP 50 for non-educational software products
-EGP 25 for educational software products.