Take your project a step further and bring it to the marketplace
Technology incubators foster tech-oriented entrepreneurs in start-ups and early development stages of their enterprises. Workspace, shared facilities and a range of business support services are among the support ITIDA offers.
Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center, d.b.a. TIEC, an affiliate to ITIDA, provides a fully-fledged incubation program to help entrepreneurs turn their business plans and prototypes into successful businesses. The support comes in mentorship, affordable office spaces and some starting capital.
Incubators promote economic development while contributing to changing the world around us. Startups find incubators as a mechanism for new ventures and tech entrepreneurship. These places provide job opportunities and drive technology to elevate our living standard.
TIEC helps ICT startups turn projects into successful startups through a complete incubation package accessible around the year. Every quarter-year, the Center assesses startups’ applications then the accepted teams go through a set of filtration phases.
The winners of the last pitching phase get incubated at one of our incubators.
- Registration window to our incubation programs is open around the year. We receive applicants’ requests online along with their business plans.
- We assess received business plans and interview passed applicants.
- • The final phase before incubation is “pitching.” An ICT panel from the industry meets candidates for 5-minute pitch and 10-minute questions.
In order to be eligible to apply to ITIDA/TIEC incubation program, the applicants need to meet the following criteria: your project should be ICT-related, innovative, ready, entrepreneur-led, problem solver, and scalable among many other criteria. Get more details from
TIEC incubators are seeds for innovation. They are designed to:
- Heighten awareness of entrepreneurship among the ICT domain
- Qualify potential candidates for incubation
- Accommodate a large community of mentors
- Develop a local, regional and international network of stakeholders
- Create an environment for technology entrepreneurship contributes to local economic competitiveness
- Support emergence of high potential start-ups that can achieve significant progress in employment, sales and exports
The lifespan of TIEC incubation is a year. Our host package comprises
- up to EGP 180K of in-kind services [software, hardware, marketing, and consultancy services],
- cash-in-hand EGP 60K in three installments based on the milestone achievements,
- a working space with basic furniture and internet access,
- basic HW equipment and SW tools during incubation, and
- access to technical, subject-matter advisory, business consulting and mentoring.
Start IT is a nationwide business plan competition targeting tech-entrepreneurs with prototypes/proof of concept (POC) willing to turn their projects into actual enterprises. The competition offers winners a unique opportunity to have their projects incubated at one of TIEC network of incubators among other benefits. Now you can apply to Start IT business plan competition anytime around the year. We assess submitted business plans quarterly.
TIEC launched the virtual program to expand its incubation services across all governorates of Egypt. Now our services can reach you anywhere through TIEC Virtual Incubation Program (incubation without walls).
TIEC offers a free working and exchange space where technology entrepreneurs, investors, and tech stars can meet, work, learn and collaborate.
To apply for the incubation program, please fill out
Start IT Business Plan template and go to the
Incubation Application Form (login required) to apply.
As for the Coworking Space, register using the
Coworking Space Application Form (Google doc)