ITIDA in collaboration with its partners GIZ and AHK (AHK Egypt with its service entity (DE International) provide a significant opportunity of accessing new markets, going global and exporting Egyptian electronics innovation under “Egypt Makes Electronics” (EME) initiative, for supporting the growth of Egyptian electronics companies. To show case Egypt's growing electronics technology, a number of Egyptian electronics companies will be selected to exhibit at Egypt-branded pavilion at Electronica trade fair which will take place at Munich from 15 – 18 Of Nov 2022.
Electronica is the World’s leading trade fair and conference for electronics industry, with 3,100 exhibitors from over 50 countries and 182,000 square meters of exhibition space in 2018. The exhibition is the ultimate place to target new business opportunities, earn valuable global experience. It is Global Electronics Network combines innovations and trends for electronics industry with country-specific central themes.
• Access to the Egyptian Pavilion facilities;
• Good exposure to global markets
• Conference tickets;
• Online and offline marketing coverage;
• Support for getting VISA
• Getting 2 days preparation training to participate in international trade fairs by an international expert
The Egyptian pavilion will be 40 sqm furnished and constructed as open space to accommodate 5 companies. The company participants shall bare the travel expenses (visa costs, flight tickets and accommodation), while the exhibition space and pavilion construction costs are covered by GIZ.
Electronica - 22 Participation Timeline:
- Application Deadline:
Sunday, Jul. 17th, 2022
- Announcing the selected enterprises:
Thursday, Jul. 21st, 2022
The applications will be first reviewed by technical committee then the shortlisted companies shall be interviewed.Eligibility Criteria:
• Legal enterprise established in Egypt
• Showing success cases
• Have innovative high-tech electronics product or IP in one of these fields: IC Chip Design, EDA Tools Development, Consumer Technology, IoT and smart city solutions (hardware/Software), Embedded systems, Robotics, Industry 4.0 digital applications / solutions, Electric and Autonomous Vehicles, Biomedical equipment, Green technology, Sensors technology, Power Electronics, Electronics Manufacturing Services, Wireless Technologies.
• Have export market or have global potential
• No. of technical staff at least 5About EME
• EME (Egypt Makes Electronics) is a national initiative; led by Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (MCIT) and executed by Information Technology Industry Development Agency (ITIDA). It aims to “Position Egypt as the regional hub for electronics manufacturing and world destination of choice for electronics design and innovation”.
• EME targets to make the electronics industry one of the key props for the growth of the Egyptian economy and the main contributor to doubling of Egyptian exports, to reduce imports of electronic and electrical appliances for the domestic market, and to provide hundreds of thousands of jobs for researchers, engineers, skilled technicians, and workers.About GIZ
• GIZ is an enterprise owned by the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany and provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education.
• The Job Partnerships and SME Promotion Project (JP SME)-under the special initiative for training and job creation-aims at creating opportunities for jobs and for business growth in the context of international and local investments and through partnering with international and Egyptian companies. One of the main components of the project is the clusters and industrial zones in which we are focusing on industry 4.0 cluster, supporting and scaling innovative approaches, leveraging technologies and entrepreneurship.About Deutsch-Arabische Industrie- und Handelskammer “AHK”
• The German-Arab Chamber of Industry and Commerce (GACIC) was established in Egypt in 1951. Representing more than 2500 members GACIC is the largest organization in the framework of business cooperation between Germany and the Arab world. GACIC plays a pivotal role in Egyptian and German business cooperation.