Export-IT Rebate Program 2016
Export-IT Rebate program is an integral part of ITIDA strategy to encourage, promote exports of ICT companies and support them in penetrating key markets. Egypt is one of the leading countries in the region that introduced Export Rebate Program to support the ICT industry.
By virtue of this program, eligible approved companies receive direct cash rebate on the collected proceeds of their value-added exports during the specified calendar year.
Export-IT Rebate program was first launched in 2010 with the aim of helping Egyptian companies increase their exports from IT products and services and minimizing the impact of economic downturn witnessed. Throughout Export-IT previous rounds, ITIDA has extended its support to more than 140 Egyptian companies to overcome the economic conditions with total rebate amount that reached 190 million EGP, Export-IT rebate contributed to a 3.8 billion EGP as export revenues.
In 2016 and with an allocated budget of 40 million EGP, ITIDA re-launched the Export-IT program for the seventh year under the auspices of the Minister of Communications and Information Technology.
As Export-IT is considered an integral part in the development of Egypt’s ICT Exports portfolio, below are its key benefits
- Having a holistic view of the ICT industry exports portfolio exporting their ICT/ITES to 180+ countries and employing 100K+ of Egyptian employees, this enables ITIDA to provide deep analysis and audited indicators of the validated export values, services exported, business models adopted by companies as well as export destinations and business verticals served.
- Exports Development Plan & Programs
Based on the exports indicators, further comparative analysis is conducted covering global ICT exports, potential markets and opportunities through global forecasted ICT spending and market trends. Such analysis is considered the basis upon which Egypt’s Export Development plan and other related programs and initiatives developed by ITIDA.
Beneficiaries & Eligibility Criteria:
ICT companies with more than 50% Egyptian ownership, headquartered in Egypt and exporting the following services:
- ICT Services
- Embedded Software
- IT-enabled Services* (example: call center services, consultation and training services related to IT).
* IT-enabled services are subject to Export-IT committee’s approval.
- There is no minimum or maximum limit with respect to the company’s export proceeds, size, and number of employees…etc. All trusted companies meeting the program’s criteria would be eligible to participate in the program.
By virtue of the program, approved trusted companies receive direct cash rebate amounting up to 10-20% maximum of their value added exports (rebate ceiling per company applies according to the program’s terms & conditions) as mentioned below.
- Main Rebate: amounting up to 10-20% maximum of the value added exports based on the company’s size (Micro/Small/Medium/Large).
- Additional Rebate: (2% of value added exports) dedicated for companies specialized in E-Gaming, E-health, E-Design. Rebate overall ceiling EGP 2.5 million per company applies.
Accordingly, approved companies would be eligible to receive the following rebate:
Exact rebate percentages will be announced by end of program according to the approved budget for the entire program and received applications.
Aiming to facilitate the application process for Export-IT 2016, application form and supporting documents would be submitted electronically using the e-signature token. Accordingly, interested companies are invited to apply for E-signature token as per the following:
- Company’s authorized signatory should fill in the e-signature application and contract (hardcopy to be collected from ITIDA).
- Submit original hardcopy of the signed application and contract along with the signatory’s valid ID and the company’s commercial register maximum to Export Development Unit in ITIDA.
- E-signature Token Issuance
Start Date: 6/2/2017
End Date: 12/2/2017
- Orientation Sessions.
Start Date: 22/2/2017
End Date: 28/2/2017
Governorates: Cairo & Alexandria
Time & Venue: ITIDA’s Premises & New Borg El Arab Technology Park
Detailed orientation sessions covering the program criteria, terms and conditions, application form and required documents will be conducted in several governorates by Export Development team.
- Registration & Documents Submission:
Start Date: 1/3/2017
End Date: 30/3/2017
Companies are invited to input/update their information on ITIDA’s website and register under the Export-IT Rebate Program 2016.
Note: Companies that have previously participated in the Export-IT program during the past five years are also requested to register under Export-IT program 2015.
To register under Export-IT 2016, please click here
Companies should also arrange to submit Soft Copies of Export-IT application form and supporting documents as indicated in the attached checklist and terms & conditions document on a DVD and signed electronically using the E-Signature token. The DVD should be submitted to ITIDA from Sunday - Thursday from 09:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. to the following address:
Investment and International Business Development Department
ITIDA - 1st Floor, Smart Village, B121, Cairo - Alex. Desert Road, Km 28
Please download Export-IT Software Application.
For any inquiries regarding the Export-IT program, kindly check Export-IT Q&A document or contact ITIDA’s call center on 16CIT (16248).