Export-IT Rebate Program 2017
Export-IT Rebate program is an integral part of ITIDA’s strategy to encourage, promote exports of ICT companies and support them in penetrating key markets. Egypt is one of the leading countries in the region that introduced Export Rebate Program to support the ICT industry.
By virtue of this program, eligible approved companies receive direct cash rebate on the collected proceeds of their value-added exports during the specified calendar year.
Export-IT Rebate program was first launched in 2010 with the aim of helping Egyptian companies increase their exports from ICT products and services and minimizing the impact of economic downturn witnessed. Throughout Export-IT previous rounds, ITIDA has extended its support to 155 Egyptian companies with total rebate amount that exceeded 230 million EGP, which contributed to a 4.7 billion EGP as export revenues.
Export-IT Rebate Program Growth Indicators (2014 - 2016).
Based on Export-IT program data analysis (covering the years from 2010 to 2016)
Export-IT 2017 (covering exports collected in 2016):
ITIDA re-launched the Export-IT Rebate program 2017 for the eighth year under the auspices of the Minister of Communications and Information Technology with an allocated budget of 50 million EGP.
Beneficiaries & Eligibility Criteria:
ICT companies with more than 50% Egyptian ownership, headquartered in Egypt and exporting any of the following services:
- ICT Services.
- Embedded Software
- IT-enabled Services* (example: call center services, consultation and training services related to IT)* IT-enabled services are subject to Export-IT committee’s approval
There is no minimum or maximum limit with respect to the company’s export proceeds, size, and number of employees…etc. All trusted companies meeting the program’s criteria would be eligible to participate in the program.
By virtue of the program, approved trusted companies receive direct cash rebate amounting up to 10-20% maximum of their value added exports (rebate ceiling per company applies according to the program’s terms & conditions) as mentioned below:
- Main Rebate: amounting up to 10-20% maximum of the value added exports based on the company’s size (Micro/Small/Medium/Large).
- Additional Rebate (1): amounting up to 5% of value added exports of e-Commerce, e-Gaming, e-Health, e-Design services. Rebate overall ceiling EGP 2.5 million per company applies.
- Additional Rebate (2): amounting up to 5% of value added exports to companies operating or with branches in one of the new technology parks with 500 KK maximum per year.
Note: Maximum total rebate percentage is 20% including the main and additional rebates.
* Exact rebate percentages will be announced by end of the program according to the approved budget for the entire program and received applications.
- E-signature Token Issuance
Start Date: 15/4/2018
End Date: 19/4/2018
Aiming to facilitate the submission process in Export-IT 2017, application form and supporting documents would be signed & submitted electronically through the software application of the program using the e-signature token. Accordingly, interested companies which do not have a token, are invited to apply for the e-signature token as per the following:
- 1.1 Companies should obtain e-signature contract from ITIDA (Investment and International Business Development Department).
- 1.2 The company’s authorized signatory should arrange to fill in the e-signature application and contract hardcopy to be collected from ITIDA.
- 1.3 Submit the original hardcopy of the signed e-signature application and contract along with the signatory’s valid ID and the company’s recent commercial register maximum by 19/4/2019 to Investment and International Business Development Department
Note: Companies that participated in Export-IT Rebate Program last round (2016) and need to renew the token certificate should arrange to renew the certificate of the token directly from Misr for Central Clearing Depository and Registry (MCDR), for more information please contact MCDR on 02-25971666.
- Orientation Sessions.
Detailed orientation sessions covering the program criteria, terms and conditions, application form and required documents will be conducted in Cairo by Export Development team.
In addition to a technical orientation session covering the Registration and Documents Submission using Export-IT software application.
- Registration & Documents Submission:
Start Date: 23/4/2018
End Date: 10/5/2018
Companies should also arrange to register and submit Export-IT application form and supporting documents as indicated in the checklist and terms & conditions document through Export-IT software using the E-Signature token.
It is worth noting that the only hardcopy documents that need to be submitted will be the following certificates issued by the company’ external auditor:
- Revenue Certificate.
- Ownership Certificate.
- Cost Certificate.
Delivering the hardcopies should be to ITIDA’s premises from Sunday - Thursday from 09:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. to the following address:
Investment and International Business Development Department
ITIDA - 1st Floor -Smart Village, B121, Cairo - Alex. Desert Road, Km 28
To download Export-IT software, please click here
*for companies that participated in Export-IT 2016 , kindly download new version of Export-IT software to be able to proceed with the registration and documents submission.
For any inquiries regarding the Export-IT program, kindly contact ITIDA’s call center on 16CIT (16248).