Export-IT Rebate Program 2018
Export-IT Rebate is an essential component of ITIDA’s strategy. The program encourages, supports and promotes exports of ICT companies to penetrate key markets. Egypt is a leading country in the region introducing an export rebate program to bolster its ICT industry.
By means of this program, eligible approved companies get direct cash rebate on collected proceeds of their value-added exports during a predetermined calendar year.
ITIDA launched Export-IT Rebate program in 2010. Through its earlier rounds, the agency secured rebates to 167 Egyptian companies with a total rebate of nearly 280 million EGP. Total revenues from the exports of beneficiaries across the last 8 years estimated at 5.7 billion EGP.
Export-IT Rebate Program Data Analysis
Based on Export-IT 2017 program’s data
1- Export-IT 2018 (covering exports collected in 2017):
ITIDA is re-launching Export-IT Rebate program in 2018 for the ninth year under the auspices of the Minister of Communications and Information Technology with an allocated annual budget of 50 million EGP.
Beneficiaries & Eligibility Criteria
ICT companies with more than 50% Egyptian ownership, headquartered in Egypt and exporting any of the following services:
- ICT Services.
- Embedded Software
- IT-enabled Services* (e.g. call center services, consultation and training services related to IT)* Subject to Export-IT committee’s approval
There is no minimum or maximum limit with respect to the company’s export proceeds, size, and number of employees, etc. All trusted companies meeting the program’s criteria would be eligible to participate in the program.
By virtue of the program, approved trusted companies receive direct cash rebate (rebate ceiling per company applies to the program terms & conditions) as mentioned below:
- Main Rebate: amounts 10-20% of value added exports based on company size: micro, small, medium, or large.
- Additional Rebate (1): amounts up to 5% of value added exports of e-Commerce, e-Gaming, e-Health, e-Design services.
- Additional Rebate (2): amounts up to 5% of value added exports to companies operating or with branches in one of the new technology parks - with a maximum of EGP 500K per year.
- Maximum rebate and celling amount to 2.5 million EGP per company each year.
- For companies operating or with branches in one of the new tech parks, rebate celling amounts to 3 million EGP.
* Exact rebate percentages announced by end of program as per approved budget for the entire program and received applications.
- Registration & E-signature Token Issuance
Start Date: 4/11/2018
End Date: 22/11/2018
- 1.1 Interested Companies are invited to register for Export-IT Rebate Program 2018. (click here to register).
Note: companies previously participated in Export-IT in earlier years have to register for Export-IT program 2018.
- 1.2 Facilitating the submission process, application form and supporting docs signed and submitted electronically. This is via the software application using an e-signature token.
Accordingly, interested companies did not issue an e-signature certificate before are invited to apply as follow:
- 1.2.1 Obtain e-signature contract from ITIDA (Investment and International Business Development Department, ITIDA - 1st Floor, Smart Village, B121, Cairo - Alex. Desert Road, Km 28).
- 1.2.2 The company’s authorized signatory should arrange to fill in the e-signature application and contract hardcopy to be collected from ITIDA.
- 1.2.3 Submit the original hardcopy of the signed e-signature application and contract along with the signatory’s valid ID and the company’s recent commercial register maximum by 22/11/2019 to Investment and International Business Development Department
Note: Companies participated in Export-IT Rebate Program (either round 2016 or 2017) and need to renew the token certificate should arrange to renew the certificate of the token directly from Misr for Central Clearing Depository and Registry (MCDR) or Egypt Trust Company according to the entity issued its e-signature certificate.
- Orientation Sessions.
Venue: Cairo ( ITIDA premises)
Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Detailed orientation sessions covering the program criteria, terms and conditions, application form and required documents will be conducted in Cairo and Alexandria by the Export Development team.
Another technical session for registration and documents submission via Export-IT software application will take place.
- Documents Submission:
Start Date: To be advised
End Date: To be advised
Companies should arrange to register and submit Export-IT application form and supporting documents as indicated in the checklist and terms & conditions via Export-IT software using an e-signature token.
The only hardcopy documents need to be submitted will be the following certificates issued by the company’s external auditor:
- Revenue Certificate.
- Ownership Certificate.
- Cost Certificate.
Deliver the hardcopies to ITIDA’s premises from Sunday to Thursday from 09:00 AM until 2:30 PM to the following address:
Investment and International Business Development Department
ITIDA - 1st Floor -Smart Village, B121, Cairo - Alex. Desert Road, Km 28
To download Export-IT software, visit(will be available later).
*for companies that participated in Export-IT 2017, kindly re-download the Export-IT software to proceed with the registration and documents submission:
For any inquiries regarding the Export-IT program, kindly contact ITIDA’s call center via 16CIT (16248).