Egypt On Essay Series
The landscape of today’s offshoring and outsourcing industry is constantly evolving and Egypt’s Information Technology Industry Development Agency (ITIDA) has partnered with some of the industry’s leading thinkers and advisors to create a series of essays looking at key business issues and trends affecting the industry including education, middle management and outsourcing best practices.
The essays published to-date are:
- 'Cross-cultural Communication And Offshored Contact Centers' by Dr. Guy Fielding
Looks in depth at the contact center industry; its creation, how it has grown, developed and prospered and considers how “mental models” of communication have impacted how it operates
- 'Entrepreneurship And Global Outsourcing' by Mark Kobayashi-Hillary
Considers the impact of entrepreneurs on the BPO industry and discusses how Egypt is supporting the growth of SMEs and start-ups through initiatives such as EduEgypt and the Technology Incubation Program.
- ‘The Middle Manager In The Outsourcing And Offshoring’ by Professor Leslie Willcocks and Catherine Griffiths, London School of Economics
A look at what middle managers do and what their role is in making an outsourcing arrangement successful. It also addresses the question of whether middle managers are a dispensable cost of a key resource.
- ‘Ease Of Doing Business’ by Dr. Paul Davies, managing director of Onshore Offshore Ltd
How do you know whether it is easy to do business with you, your company –indeed your country? The issue is that plenty of people will tell you when it’s hard to do business with you but almost no-one will say when it’s easy. So how do you know when you are succeeding?
- ‘Education And The MBA In The Outsourcing Sector’ by Mark Kobayashi-Hillary
Discussion around the role of education and the MBA in the modern world of outsourcing. It focuses on how Egypt is developing its human capital to ensure it is firmly placed as a great location for the world’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) sectors.